8.19.2010

As I Am

 As I Am  

I am alone, not a slave to your beliefs,
I am immune, I am free,
I am who I want to be.
Can you take for who I am,

judgment be damned,
can you take me just as I am? 





~ My random reflections on this poem ~
2 songs by the Exies inspired my poem a few years ago. I embedded the videos that show the lyrics b/c it gives a little context to the poem and now I just find both songs inspiring. I listened to the 3rd one back then but it'd just make me sad, but now it gets me all fired up & ready to share my opinions ( pun entirely intended ). It's an interesting twist of the feelings but sometimes it's good to remember just how far I've come back into the world.

Back in 2004 I stopped caring about everything and just didn't bother with opinions at all. By the time I wrote this poem I cared enough to  start forming opinions about me and trying to convey them. Most importantly I finally cared enough to feel hurt but not enough to hold onto the anger in the song "My Opinion" & use it for the motivation I needed to try things out. It was a particularly harsh song for me to listen to back then b/c it would get me mad, am determined to prove something to somebody or at least myself. But I couldn't, and so went the cycle of anger and sadness - dejected is actually a better word for how I was feeling then. Now, I trying every day & that song gets me going with the anger.

Full Disclosure:
I also included a link that takes you directly to the Amazon.com MP3 store where it's just 0.99$ to download any of the songs that you like as well. That link is b/c I needed every pitiful % of the penny that I'd get if you click on it & buy the song from Amazon.

~ The 3 Songs by The Exies ~ The Exies MySpace Page in case you want more of them after hearing "Normal", "Ugly", and "My Opinion" here. The lyrics are shown for Normal & Ugly which is new to me so it was kinda cool to watch and convenient if you have keep the noise down. Anyway, thanks for reading all this, I'll be quiet now. Enjoy! :)

~ ~ ~  Normal  ~ ~ ~
 



~ ~ ~  Ugly  ~ ~ ~



 ~ ~ ~  My Opinion  ~ ~ ~



Have a wonder filled life!




No comments:

Post a Comment