6.01.2010

Tried It Your Way . . . What a Dumb Way

Hey, hey I tried it your way,
going slow, taking it day by day,
gave my love freely,
and waited for it to come back to me,
I didn't hold back, I spoke straight from the heart,
yeah, I tried it your way and it tore me apart.

I took down my walls, let someone get close to me,
opened my heart, letting my emotions run free,
and I was afraid but I let them show,
you said I had to risk it for love to grow,
you said trust and honesty would set me free,
but those walls weren't a prison, they were protecting me,
and so I was vulnerable for love that was never returned,
when I should of known better then to give trust that wasn't earned,
but I did it your way, and your way was a dumb way,
time to do it my way, live what I learned back in the day,
when I was living fast and having fun,
and didn't care if he was the one,
when I ignored the golden rule,
and wasn't played for a fool,
should have known better, learned long ago how to play the game,
should have known better, only have myself to blame,
shouldn't have been swayed by your idealism, been down that road before,
knew how much it could hurt, never should have reopened that door,
but now that I've been reminded, I'm going back to doing it way,
being very careful, analyzing every play,
not giving anything away for free,
if he wants my love, he'll have to prove he respects me,
I'll be honest but I'm not baring my heart,
not giving him the chance to tear me apart,
my walls are staying up, no one is getting close to me,
unless they take the time to find the key,
not sharing my feelings until I feel secure,
not taking risks anymore,
not trusting anyone till its been earned,
never forgetting the lessons I've learned,
and you can me a player, you can say I'm missing out,
but you don't what the hell you're talking about,
I tried it your way, your way left me broken and alone,
have to do it my way, protect myself with a heart of stone,
can't question it or worry about what might have been,
I have to do it my way, I just can't take that pain again.



No comments:

Post a Comment