6.30.2010

Unsaid

Do not look at me with pity,
It's almost more than I can stand.
Do not pretend to empathize with me,
I am something that only an unlucky few can understand.
Sometimes I am nothing, sometimes I am everything,
and I have no idea if I will ever amount to anything.
Do I have the power to change, will I be just another life wasted?
Please express yourself because it hurts that so much is left unsaid,
I may be all fucked up and lost in confusion,
but you should not confuse that with delusion.
I can clearly see the mess that my life has become.
You can't save me so don't try, I am not even sure the battle can be won,
but I do know that I am the one with the power to try,

and I do, and I will, and maybe, someday, I will learn to fly.
Right now, I am just to afraid to leave the nest,
because I'm not sure it'll be enough, even when I am able to give my best.
Your fear and doubts cannot hurt me because I am not fragile,
No, it is only the pity in your eyes and the words you leave unsaid that can and will.



No comments:

Post a Comment